Friday, October 19, 2012

Making Health Fun

Lately I have been on a health kick. A stressful couple years was taking its toll and I couldn't afford to get sick or drag around. One fear I had was that I would start out strong only to lose my enthusiasm and slack off. Instead, the opposite has happened. The more benefits I see (make that feel) in this healthier eating plan, the more I want to stick with it. The nice part is that my family is on board too, which hasn't always been the case in the past. I think part of this has to do with my attempts to make it fun. For example, we discovered that we can pack a lot of nutrition into a smoothie and it still tastes like dessert. The nice thing about smoothies is that you can throw in whatever you want. Here a few items to keep on hand for a quick health boost:

Milk
Yogurt (I like plain Greek style)
Frozen berries
Bananas
Other fruits like mango or kiwi
Honey
Wheat germ or ground flax seed
Ice cubes


If you really want to be brave, add a handful of spinach or kale. I tried this a few weeks ago and no one in my family could taste the difference.

You don't need to know how to cook; you only need to know how to operate a blender. Smoothies make for a great breakfast or afternoon snack.

Play around with different combinations and see what great-tasting things you can come up with.

I would love to read some of your creations if you come up with a recipe that you really like.

Enjoy!





     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog! :)

also read www.andlovewillfindyou.blogspot.com

God bless
X