Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Scatterbrained...

First, I need to apologize for missing my day. My mind hasn't quite been into writing much the past few weeks as we start the process to adopt our foster son. I've been waiting for this day for about four years now, and we've had a lot of heartache along the way. We were faithful (or just plain stubborn-- which I usually am) and we loved each of those other children with all our hearts. We cried when they left-- I pleaded with God and begged and cried quite a few times, but He didn't seem to fault me. He's still blessed us with a beautiful little boy whose almost sixteen months old now.

We have a tentative court date now-- December 15-- for finalization.

We went out tonight to celebrate, and some friends were at the restaurant. One of them mentioned being rewarded for our faithfulness, and that turned the conversation to Moses and Elijah. (These are not the kind of friends that we usually sit and talk Bible cast with either, so that made it even more cool.) The whole way home then I was thinking about whether I could really be as faithful as Moses. Sure, he messed up, but he died still faithful to the promises God had made about the promised land.

I think back to those days of yet another child leaving my home, sobbing in my pillow and begging God to bring me my baby, and I don't think I could have that kind of faith. I know I didn't then.

Faithful or stubborn, whatever the case may be, I'm just so thankful that He's given us this little boy. Hopefully, he can grow up to be a little more like Moses than Mama in the faith department.

Maybe I'll learn a thing or two more along with him...

No comments: