Thursday, October 06, 2005

Moving Boxes

Matthew 6 (NASB)
20 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;
21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


"You’ve got all these blessings in the wrong box!"
My friend and I were packing up my belongings in preparation for a move. Supposedly we were sorting things that would go to Goodwill, things that would go to my new home, and things that would go to the dump.
I have to admit I’m not very good at sorting. I had been doing too good a job of packing the keep-all-these-things boxes.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"When we go to the thrift store and you find something great, what do you say?"
"What a blessing!"
"Other people feel that way too. You’ve packed all their blessings in the ‘take to new house’ box."
In a sudden shift of focus, God made it easier for me to pack blessings for some unknown shopper. After all, I really don’t need four wooden spoons and two toasters.
It is more blessed to share the wealth than to be a pack rat.

No comments: