Thursday, October 27, 2005

One Year Later


A year ago, while sitting in the same chair I am at this moment, I got a phone call from my mother. I had been crying all morning anyway because we had just received the news that our little puppy died during a routine surgery. Then my mom tells me that my father has cancer, pancreatic cancer to be exact, and that his prospects were not good.

I can't believe it's been a year. We had no idea then that he would live only three and a half more weeks, that the cancer had already spread so viciously that there was nothing the doctors could really do. We figured that day maybe we'd have six months, maybe a year. But no, it was a fast downward spiral for us all and we found ourselves at a funeral before we even made it to Thanksgiving.

It still hurts, and I am so thankful that we serve a God who understands that. Even when we walk through tragedy, He never leaves us, He holds us in His arms and weeps with us. Because despite the ache inside, I also have peace - that unexplainable peace that can only come from God. I still don't feel like facing the holidays this year, all the memories of what happened during this time last year. But because God understands, I am free to weep in His arms and let Him take my hurts and sorrows.

If you're in a hard place today, let God comfort you. Let Him wrap His arms around you and give you the peace that passes understanding. Let Him be your Daddy.

No comments:


Girls, God, and the Good Life

Good Life Gear

Good Life Gear
Would you like to win one of our cute red backpacks?
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.