Friday, March 10, 2006

Disney Me!


Last week my family had a six days full of fun at the Disney Parks in Florida. For us, vacation doesn't mean relaxing on the beach. How boring! Instead we roamed the magical parks from sun up to sun down, zooming on rides, attending shows, eating tons of junk food, and paying little heed to our sore, aching feet.

One day, at MGM studios we stopped by at a small exhibit highlighting Walt Disney himself. There were no lines waiting to enter. No flashy lights or huge costumed animals to draw our attention. Yet as I read the history of the man behind the mouse (Mickey, that is), the thought struck me that one man's dreams started something far bigger and greater than he ever imagined.

This morning, during my Bible reading, I thought about Walt again as I came upon Ephesians 3:20-21. Walt had no idea of the HUGE enterprise that would grow out of his small venture. Likewise, you and I have NO clue know what God has in store for us and our dreams. Yet in God's Word it says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

What are your dreams? Where do you feel God is leading you? We many never have theme parks named after us, but we can be sure of one thing . . . God, according to His power at work in us, can do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine. Seek Him. Love Him. And ask Him to help you to seek and love more each day.

I've made a point to do this in my own life, and let me tell you--seeing God work is more thrilling than Space Mountain and Splash Mountain rolled into one. WAY more!

No comments: