Friday, March 03, 2006

Lessons from a Three-Year Old


My youngest daughter turns three today and in her honor, and in the grand tradition of "All I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten." I offer you these thoughts on making life just a little sweeter this month:

1. Put together a puzzle.
2. Swing on a swing at the playground.
3. Paint a picture. With your fingers.
4. Eat candy. Before breakfast.
5. Watch Barney. On second thought, you might want to avoid this one.
6. Play hide and seek. Just be sure to tell others you are hiding.
7. Draw on a sidewalk with a fat piece of chalk.
8. Use a hula-hoop. Roll it down a hill and see how far it goes.
9. Make a wish on a star.
10. Wrap your arms around your mom or dad's neck, give them a kiss and tell them how much you love them.

My daughter's joy is amazing. I think we need to be amazed at the little things of life again. And remember how sweet life really is - if we're willing to see it.

No comments: