Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Man in Black

This weekend my husband, Michael, and I rented "Walk the Line" (the movie about the life of Johnny Cash). We happen to like some of Mr. Cash's music ("Ring of Fire," anyone?) and we enjoyed the movie--although there were a few colorful words and some references to drug, sex and alcohol we could have done without.

But after the movie one thing stood out to us more than anything else: the movie failed to mention Johnny Cash's renewed faith in Jesus Christ in the later years of his life. That's Hollywood for you--they will tell all about a man's bouts with drugs, sex and booze but they won't mention the name of Jesus. Why do you think that is?

I don't know about you, but I want to live my life in such a way that if anyone wanted to make a movie about me they couldn't do so without mentioning the name of Jesus.

What about you? If your life were a movie how would your story be told?

~Shannon
www.beingagirlbooks.com

No comments: