Sunday, August 06, 2006

Identity

Do you ever wish you had someone else's identity? If I could have someone else's identity, it would be Kelly Ripa. I think she has the greatest job. I would love to co-host a show with Regis. I think we would work well together. I say a lot of dumb blonde comments so he would find it easy to make fun of me. Plus, she has an amazing wardrobe! She seems to have a good life. I have a TV interview on Wednesday on a morning talk show in Birmingham, AL. I am so excited because this is my chance to come closer to experiencing my dream job as talk show host.

For many years, I didn’t know my real identity. I knew that I had trusted Christ as my Savior and that I was going to heaven, but never really saw myself the way that God saw me. I lived under a false identity. I believed so many lies that Satan told me. Understanding our identity is absolutely essential to our success in living the Christian life. Our identity in Christ is one of the most liberating truths we will ever understand.

I reminded myself of this truth as I was drying my hair this morning, and I want to remind you. As a Christian, God has given you a new identity. You are a child of the King which means that you are chosen, holy and beloved. If you are struggling today and feeling less than wonderful, may you be encouraged. Every day, I have a choice to either live by the standard of the world, but walk in the truth of my identity in Christ.

You are loved,
Sarah Bragg

1 comment:

T. Suzanne Eller said...

Hi Sarah, Love this post.

Suzie Eller