Saturday, September 30, 2006

ROLL WITH IT, BABY!


This week I settled in to watch the season premiere of the Gimore Girls. I turn it on and what do I get? Little House on the Prairie. Seems my cable company is mad at the CW network and not carrying it. AUGHHHHH!!!! (Read more about this monumental meltdown at http://www.jenniferbjones.blogspot.com )

I accidentally "nudged" my car with an office supply and put a six inch scratch on old "Blackie."

I showed up for work last week an hour early. Only to find the meeting I was to attend wasn't until the following day.

This morning I was in such a rush, I didn't have time to eat breakfast or do my quiet time. Two definite no-no's for me.

I could blame this on my lack of spinach lately (Hello? What does a girl have to do to get an e-coli-free bag of spinach in this country?). I could blame it all on my cable company (and might do that anyway). Maybe I could say, "It's all due to global warming." But frankly, sometimes things just go wrong. And in my life, it's pretty much the norm.

While I don't like the occassional "crud" that happens, and sometimes feel like I get more than my share (Seriously, the Gilmore Girls thig--about pushed me over the edge.), I've learned that people may not notice me putting a $300.00 scratch on my own car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. But they do notice my reactions.

I must admit, I can be a bit of a drama queen. Can I get a witness? Uh-huh, I know some of you relate. But lately, I'm working on reacting less and just rolling with it. I'm trading my ugly attitude in for biting my lip (okay, and the occassional less noticeable eye roll). The old me would've gotten ugly with the cable company Tuesday night (and yes, I did call them). The old me would've gotten ticked for wasting an hour at work last week. And it's still hard to bite back choice words when I see my sweet ride "Blackie" with that hideous ugly mark.

God says in Matthew 5:13-14 that we are to be the salt and light of the world. We are to be the beacons of Christ. No pressure, right? Yeah, it is hard. For me, it's a daily battle (okay, hourly). But what if I'm the only example of Christ someone sees today? What version of me do I want them to see? The me that can gripe someone out for every sin ever committed in 3.2 seconds? Or the me that can speak kindly, patiently, and with the love of Christ?

So I challenge you this weekend, G3'ers! Bite your tongue just once this week. Turn the other cheek just one time. Laugh something off instead of getting upset. I dare ya! We want a full report. Let us know what brave act of "Rolling With It" you achieve.
Have a great weekend!
Jennifer B. Jones

No comments: