Sunday, November 05, 2006

Testify!

I had an amazing opportunity last Friday to share my testimony. The 700 Club came to my house and taped an interview with me to put on their show! It all came from an article I wrote for them a few weeks ago called Confessions of a Teenage Witch. It looks like it will air on Thanksgiving Day so check the listings for the 700 club in your area to catch it.

It's made me think about that time in my life a whole lot more than I normally do. Flipping through old pictures, remembering what life was like, was hard in some ways. But it also made me very, very thankful. I was in the bottom of a deep dark pit with no way to get out and God reached down and plucked me from the darkness. He didn't have to save me. He didn't have to be so gracious. But He was. And I'm so glad. My life could have gone in a hundred different directions but it went this way because He made Himself known to me.

God is after every one of us but because He comes after us all in different ways, we sometimes can forget to notice. I once heard God described as the perfect gentlemen, one that waits to be invited in. And while that's true in some ways, we can forget that God is in love with us. When you are in love with someone you don't just sit at home and wait for your love to show up. We pursue people we love, and God pursues us, we just have to be willing to see it.

I didn't recognize God's pursuit of me for many years but when I look back, I see all sorts of people that He sent my way to demonstrate His love. Circumstances and people who urged me to try something different than what I had always done. They pointed me to God long before I ever realized the valuable treasure they were urging me to find.

So look around carefully. Keep your eyes open.

God is pursuing you.

1 comment:

Jeanette Hanscome said...

Sarah, thank you for this post. God has been reminding me of similar things, through recently wriitng opportunities. Although looking badk on the darkness is painful, it's also very exciting to see the magnitude of God's love for us.

And it's so cool that you're going to be on the 700 Club. Wow!

Many blessings,
Jeanette