Monday, January 29, 2007

My Heart Today

I can't share the details but our family is going through something huge, difficult, and pretty scary.

Yesterday, as soon as the praise music started playing in church, I started crying. I went to the bathroom. Friends followed me, including one of the girls in my high school Sunday school class. They surrounded me in prayer.

My husband and I went to the altar. Friends prayed.

Someone told me to say this out loud: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understand. In ALL thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight."

There's power in praying the Bible OUT LOUD. This thing is too big for me to fix or figure out.

That's how I'm living right now--by saying, "I'm trusting You, God. We can't do it without You."

If anybody reading this could whisper the name Jamie to God. She's my daughter. I know He's listening. We want to use what He's teaching us to help other girls and women.

♥ Julie

7 comments:

Erin said...

I'm praying for you!

Jeanette Hanscome said...

Julie,

I pray that God will surround your entire family, especially Jamie!

Blessings and Hugs,
Jeanette

Julie Garmon said...

You can't know how much it means that two people who don't know us are praying.

Please keep saying, "Jamie" to Jesus.

He'll know the rest.

So much love,
Julie

Carlotta said...

I am praying for you guys. I have also enlisted the prayers of my family and church friends. May His love bring peace and understanding to you all. You are dearly loved.

Julie Garmon said...

Oh Carlotta, your words came straight to me from His heart.

Thank you my friend.

♥Julie

Erin said...

I prayed hard all of yesterday, and I'm still at it! (((hugs)))

Julie Garmon said...

Oh thank you, my friend Erin. We're still at it.

Her name is Jamie. Jamie. Jamie. Jamie.

♥ Julie