Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tyra Banks & me

Update! The full scoop (with pics) is posted at Girls & God.


I just realized, depsite my mushy, jet-lagged brain, that today is my day to post. Sorry, but there is absolutely nothing profound in me today. At all. That's because on Thursday afternoon I got an e-mail that I thought was a prank.

It wasn't.

It was from "The Tyra Banks Show" and they wanted me to come appear on the program - on Friday (keep in mind it is Thursday afternnon on the East Coast. Well, because I have a super-supportive husband, the show sent a car to my driveway and picked me up within the hour, whisked me to the airport and flew me to LA. Yes, that fast.

It's a fun and crazy story that I want to tell with all my super-dorky tourist photos that I took. And no, I didn't get one with Tyra and me together. I'm going to try and pull a screen shot when they air the episode.

Oh, I didn't mention why they wanted me on did I? Yeah, they were doing a program called "The Lives of Witches" and wanted to "balance" out the program by having another viewpoint. That would be. The token Christian.

It was a really cool experience though - and I will post a full-report at Girls & God when I can think straight enough to download the pics off my camera...

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oooh, can't wait for the full story!

Anonymous said...

please post te whole story as soon as possible. can't wait to here it!

b said...

Sounds interesting! I'm looking forward to the whole story. BTW, who is Tyra Banks? I don't watch TV at all :-)

Julie Garmon said...

Can't wait to hear the scoop. That's incredible!!

♥Julie

Julie Garmon said...

Just read your words and saw your pics. I'm so proud of you. You don't look one bit nervous.

How thrilling! We blog with a star.

♥Julie