My husband and I attended a youth leadership conference recently in Chattanooga, TN.
The ideas for a girls' ministry just keep coming to me. I'd like to post these thoughts and see if anybody has comments or other ideas.
1. Start a leadership team to pray/read Bible/have coffee weekly with girls who'd like to lead others.
2. Have a one day event and invite girls from local high schools. This event might include the following things.
3. A female Christian gynecologist and a time for questions and answers.
4. A female Christian counselor.
5. An all-girl band to lead in praise and worship.
6. A hip-hop dance team to dance to Christian songs.
7. Decorate it for teenage girls--not your grandmother's covered dish--have the girls decorate.
8. Interesting way to teach "Who we are in Christ."
9. A video tape made up of high school boys answering questions on the things girls really want to know. Interview guys who say they know Christ. Ask them what they're looking for in life and in a dating relationhip.
10. No judging. All girls are welcome no matter what.
11. Have the girls plan the food.
12. The girls will make up fliers and invite their friends.
13. A female police officer to teach the signs of abusive relationships.
14. The goal? To show that there's a safe place to come and people who care.
15. Provide books that apply to teenage girls written by our blog writers. :-)
ANY COMMENTS? ANY IDEAS?
Thanks for reading this.