Thursday, July 26, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!

This week is officially one of the busiest weeks of my entire year. Every July, my church puts on a huge outreach event for middle-schoolers that involves games, music, preaching and just random ridiculous fun (tonight is the giant Slip N’ Slide and I can’t wait!).

But in the midst of all the fun, there’s also a TON of stress on the leaders’ shoulders because we’re trying to organize, plan, schedule, make-up solutions to problems as we go and this can make all of us a little…um…tense. Frustrated. Short-tempered. And lots of other adjectives that apply to me switching my status from “Just Fine” to “Bawling Basketcase” in about 1.03 seconds flat.

Tuesday was the worst. I spent a good hour tearing up, talking to my pastor, praying and driving to Starbucks for a mocha. (This is a side note: Mochas and prayer make great combinations.)

That night, I finally settled into bed late again after cleaning up the church and pulled my Bible over. I’m going through a book on prayer and one of the verses I was supposed to read suddenly jumped off the page and hit me in the face.

Job 42:2 – “I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.

Why did this verse shout out to me so much? Because I realized that even though I’m completely human, God is completely God and even when the day is AWFUL in all caps, He’s still accomplishing His purpose.

Even if that purpose is just me learning to trust…yet again…that He’s still in control.

Have a wonderful week everyone! ☺

No comments: