To help us get acquainted, here are five things you didn't know about me:
(1) I write chick lit for Christian teens, with the first book (which has the cutest cover EVER) coming out in May 08. Think of these as the Christian answer to Gossip Girl :) My books and I hang out at shelleyadina.com, which is a work in progress.
(2) I've been to 25 countries ... and I'll be going to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland this fall on a concert tour with a polka band. (Yes, I know, how weird is that. I do not play in the band ... but the whole experience might come in handy in a story someday!)
(3) My house fell down in an earthquake in 1989. But my husband built me a new one--much nicer than the old one. So God was good and it all worked out.
(4) I have a master's degree in writing fiction.
(5) I loooooooooove cosplay. I make historical costumes, such as a Regency gown from 1812, or a late-Victorian ballgown from 1892, for fun. The next project is either one of Arwen Evenstar's gowns from Lord of the Rings (probably the Requiem Gown), or else Elizabeth Swann's gold gown from POTC1. I suppose the deciding factor will be whether I want to make a 1720s corset and pocket hoops. Arwen's underthings aren't quite so complicated!
What about you? Any fellow costumers out there? What kinds of things have you created?