Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Oh! The Wonders of a Mocha

So, I have a confession to make: Whenever life is rough, wild, crazy, confusing, troubled, anxious, worrisome...um and etc., I usually turn to two things. 1) Prayer and 2) Mochas.

Now, I recognize this is not the most Biblical of all remedies, but here's my thoughts on that: I'm talking to God and God created chocolate and coffee, so it's fitting that we chat over something He is responsible for.

It kind of makes sense.

Take today. I'm having a nerve-wracking day, to put it mildly. So, rather than handle this like the grown-up adult I'm supposed to be (oh come on. I'm 22. I can still count as a kid. Maybe not in restaurants, but that's beside the point), I drove straight to my local coffee chain this morning, passed them my gift card and left, happily losing my worries in a rich, chocolately blend of milk, cocca and espresso and conversing with my Heavenly Dad about what's going on.

Like I said, it may not be the most Biblical, but it works for me. Isaiah 30:15 says, "In quietness and trust is your strength." Why can't we be quiet and trusting while holding a mocha?

So, to all of you out there who are roughing it today, take my advice: Head to a coffee shop. Get a mocha (well, unless you're lactose intolerant). Then sit in your car and have a nice long chat with God.

I promise. It will help.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Erynn :)

2 comments:

Timothy Fish said...

As a 32 year old "kid" who measures his coffee consumption by the pot, I will have to say that it works for me. I used to think that there would come a moment in time when I went from being a kid to being an adult. I thought I would start taking things more seriously and have this amazing ability to know exactly what to do in every situation. Then one day I realized that it isn't going to happen. The older I get the more I don't care if other people see me doing things that I once thought were childish. More than that, I can now look around and see that some of the people who are 10, 20, 30 years older than I am still do some of these "childish" things. There I look at the people who take themselves so seriously and I think that they must have had a miserable childhood. They probably acted the same way back then too.

Jeanette Hanscome said...

Amen, sister! I totally agree!

Cheers (with coffee cups),
Jeanette