Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Tis the Season...For Holiday Forwards
It's that time of year again. Christmas carols. Tinsel. Jingle bells.
And Christmas emails.
I got this one last week and thought I'd share. Feel free to contribute your own or pass it on to others. Some of us are not afraid to halt some work or school day productivity to participate in some mindless emailing. Especially when it's in the name of Christmas!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper. Duh. If it’s too easy to get into, it’s no fun. I like to delay the big reveal.
2. Real tree or artificial? – Call me a Grinch, but I don’t do trees at all. If I had one though it would be a 1950s silver aluminum one like my grandma's.
3. When do you put up the tree? First of Never. I used to, but my cats just didn’t appreciate it as much as I wanted them to.
4. When do you take your tree down? I do put out some decorations. Sadly, last year they never made it back to the attic, so they’ve been in a spare bedroom FOR TWELVE MONTHS. And THIS is why I don’t decorate for Christmas! If I had a tree it would still be in a corner of the living room.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eggs are not meant to be sipped.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my bike with the ribbon handle bars and daisy covered basket. Or my first CPK. That’s Cabbage Patch kid, if you’re down with that.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, knowing how much dust it would collect at my house, I think that would probably be pretty sacreligious.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I dunno, but easiest person is myself. I’m usually out shopping like a maniac (and crying and downing Starbucks and Diet Dr. Pepper) on the 24th because I’ve spent the whole month shopping for myself cause everything is marked down so much. It’s a sickness!
9. Easiest person to buy for? See above. And my cats. They get free water bowl refills.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? A toss between the cat-related home décor items and one that I can't share online, but I sure wish I could. Oh, it was SO horrible! Like unrecognizable HORRIBLE. But funny...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I totally prefer to get them in the mail. Oh...you meant how I send them. Um...no comment?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf. I like White Christmas a lot too. And Christmas Vacation. And last year I discovered the old movie Christmas in Connecticut. I highly recommend it!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start buying for myself (in bulk) the day after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but nobody would take the kitty bath towels or the gift-which-shall-not-be-named.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas breakfast
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Lights are a fire hazard, and I’m not allowed around them.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Do You Hear What I Hear. Also I love O Holy Night. And anything by Alvin and the Chipmunks.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to two different locations. Both about 15 minutes away, both with populations less than 3k. Not glamorous, but at least nobody frisks at security checks. Well, maybe that one crazy uncle, but he's senile, so it doesn't count.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. I can’t tell you who our Lt. governor is, but I can name the reindeer. And the members of N*Sync in case anyone ever needs that information.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I dunno, but one time I took out my mom’s glass tree topper because I was compelled to climb a tree and sing into the shiny ornament. We had a great concert. Then right at the doorway in, I broke it. I will never forget that. It wasn’t pretty for me. I think the only reason you don’t hear me on the radio today is because of that moment.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. And we still do stockings on Christmas morning. Even though my brother and I are old. And crabby. And probably didn't make anybody's "Nice" list. And every year Santa brings me chocolate covered raisins. Except for one random year he didn't. I never knew what I did that ticked him off so much.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Um...myself? Seriously, I get a little wired and weird at this time. I’m usually behind on shopping, I have a calendar full of events, and I’ve started some insane house-painting project. I shouldn’t be allowed in public shopping places during this time.
23.What does Christmas mean to you? It means we stop and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. It's so easy to forget what it's really about. But this year, I'm really going to try and focus on that. And some fudge.
Okay, so copy and paste that and send it to 1,000 people you know or your whole year will be cursed, your hair will fall out, and the reindeer will tinkle down your chimney.
-Cross-posted from MY BLOG.