It's been quite a while since I posted ... chalk it up to writing a book every four months! Here's what's happening:
- It's All About Us is launched
- The Fruit of My Lipstick is getting great pre-publication reviews before it hits shelves in August
- Be Strong and Curvaceous got a super endorsement from American Idol finalist Mandisa
- Who Made You a Princess? is turned in and the cover art is faboo
- Tidings of Great Boys now has two chapters to its name!
Whew! Reasons for rejoicing all the way around, right? I thought so, too ... until I went on MySpace and read a review of It's All About Us. Which was a good one, don't get me wrong. But the comments, oh my word.
Some of them were downright ugly, written just to poison someone's day or to provoke a reaction. Written out of the darkness of someone's life, where there's no room for anything but to pull someone down and spread hatred. Who does these kinds of things? I don't know, but of course my first reaction was hurt feelings that someone could say those things about something I loved and created.
But then I realized they weren't addressing their comments to me at all. They were just hurling them out into cyberspace to do their work, and it was up to me to bring up the shield of faith and punt them away. And then what? Yup. Pray for that person, who desperately needs a little light down there in the black where they're living.
What about you? Some days do you feel like there are fiery little darts flying everywhere, and it's all you can do to duck and cover? Man, I'm glad God covers us with love. Imagine life without that!