Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Love Moves

I lead a small group of junior girls at my church and we are currently in a series called "Love Moves." The idea behind the series is that God loved us so let's show love by doing something for others. It's really easy for me to get caught up in my own life. It's not a bad thing to be concerned with things of my life, but do I ever stop for a minute and consider how much God loves me and how much I should love others on His behalf? It reminds me of a Switchfoot song called "Love Is a Movement." Each week during this series, we are being challenged to think about what we can do to show love. The first step we took was to begin praying for Kenya. Now we are looking for ways to serve people in our local community. What about you? Do you serve anywhere?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea.