Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Rose by Any Other Name

I'm watching my grandson's build. When I was a kid, these were called Lincoln Logs (T) and Tinkertoys (T). These are called Frontier Logs (T) and FiddleStix (T). Do you notice the (T) after the names. That means the trademark is registered, and nobody can come along and call something they make by those names. But Frontier Logs (T) look just like Lincoln Logs (T) to me. And FiddleStix (T) look like Tinkertoys (T). But the manufacturers of the second sets of toys have changed the style just enough to be able to claim they are a new toy. They tell me, (I've never been there) that there are streets in major cities like New York where you can go to venders where you can buy "Knock-offs" of famous watches, purses, shoes, clothes, and a ton of other stuff. Imitations of practically anything that costs big bucks can be purchased for a tiny portion of the original price. 
That reminds me of the verse that says the shepherd knows his sheep. 
John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me." 
There won't be any "knock-offs" in Heaven.
That means two things to me. 
When I am accepted by Christ, I am the real thing.
Those false religions that claim to be genuine are not, and in the end, will not provide entrance into His Presence. 
Think of the price God paid for us. I am Donita K. Paul, child of God. (T) 

No comments: