Friday, June 26, 2009

Schedules, Schmedules


I have discovered something about myself.

I'm a routine girl.

Without a schedule, I cannot accomplish anything! Even something as normal as breakfast doesn't happen (mostly because I'm sleeping in until 11AM. Then it's time for lunch). It's when a shower seems like the most I've gotten done all day that I start to worry.

My husband is a teacher and today is his first day of teaching summer school. So, we're getting some semblance of a schedule back. Definitely good news for my deadline! Jon has had this whole last month off of school and I'm sad to say, we haven't been too fruitful. We've slept in, we've gone on vacations, we've watched movies all day.

I think it's important to take time off from work (obviously God thinks so too - read about the year of Jubilee in the Bible - one whole year off!). But, it's also important to distinguish work from necessities. So, here are a few things I think are necessities:

* A shower - I don't care how you look at it, a shower is a must-have.

* Brushing teeth - Again. Major necessity.

* Making the bed - My mom used to say it makes the whole room look cleaner.

* Coffee - Nothing else need be said.

* Bible reading - Worth more than food, right?

* Food - I find Krispy Kreme to be the best vacation food, but we don't have one in New Mexico.

Even though summer is definitely upon us, let's take the time to do what needs to be done. Whether that's sticking with your daily devotions, keeping up your workout routine or just staggering out of bed by noon, set goals for each day despite the lack of a schedule.

Enjoy your summer!

Love,
Erynn :)

1 comment:

Sierra said...

NO KRISPY KREME?! I feel your pain. There was one where I used to live, but now I have to rely on getting them already boxed at grocery stores and gas stations...which is good...but it's not the same!!!!