Saturday, August 08, 2009

Things I've learned about my teens this summer!



10. When you don't feel like cooking you can order pizza and make everyone happy.

9. The words "Great job, son!" still makes my son's face glow like they did when I gave him praise for no pee-pee in his underwear when he was two.

8. The fabric cutting and button sewing skills I taught my daughter when she was five come in handy when she is seventeen and wants to turn old jeans into shorts with bling.

7. YouTube can entertain three teen boys for hours, and Charlie the Unicorn needs to be banned forever from the Internet.

6. Cooking class can happen at 10:30 p.m. when my daughter gets a hankering for egg pancakes. (Recipe: Melt 2 Tbs butter in cake pan at 400 degrees. In blender mix 1 1/2 c. flour, 1 1/2 cup milk, and 5 eggs. Pour mixture into hot pan with butter. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden on top. Add syrup. Enjoy.)

5. A 19-year-old who loved Legos as a kid does a stellar job building a DECK on the back of the house under this Grandpa's direction.

4. Teens aren't too thrilled when their friends find out THEIR good news on MOM'S Facebook page before they get to share.

3. You can talk two teens into doing an impromptu video spot very easy ... by just asking.

2. A teen who is seeking God in prayer and reading the Bible daily GLOWS. (And helps with the dishes too.)

And the #1 thing I learned about teens this summer.

1. Exchanges students are amazing. Exchange students who return home can break a host mom's heart. I miss you, Andrea!

No comments: