Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Homeward Bound


Today I return to Texas with a full heart after nine days in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. A few highlights: I spent time with my kids and dear friends, spoke to writers at Northwest Christian Writers Association, spoke to women's groups at Beit Tikvah in Renton and Sonlight Community Church in Lynden, met with a book club, spoke at Lynden Christian High School's chapel service, and concluded my time here last night speaking at the Cascade Christian Services Staff & Donor Appreciation Banquet. I've connected with writers, women, teens, and a group that exists to serve the disabled. Sometimes I think the beauty of the body of Christ will make my heart explode.

As I prepare to head home, I'm thinking about heaven and how there will be perfect community and no more good-byes. I long for that day. But in the mean time, loving and being loved sure is fun.

Love well, friends. We have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

adge said...

I agree. A lot of times we have more to be thankful for than we realize.