Sunday, December 06, 2009
A Day Late but Better for it . . . Hopefully
I woke up in a panic a little after midnight, realizing that was supposed to blog on Saturday but completely forgot. I’d mentally reminded myself and everything. Still, it slipped my mind. I similar thing happened last month, but that time I got caught up in other things that needed to get done and kept putting the blogging off until . . . you guessed it . . . I flaked.
This morning I realized the problem behind my recent failures to post on this blog. I’ve become unorganized. At first I thought I was too busy. Then I thought of all the people I know who do just as much or more but still manage to faithfully fulfill their commitments. I thought I’d come up with a system after a writer’s conference that I attended in the spring, then again when the school year started. But I guess I let my system slip. So tomorrow it’s back to being organized. Here are some things that plan to implement (make that re-implement). Perhaps you will benefit from one or two of them:
• Go to bed earlier – I’m always more refreshed and ready to go in the morning when I do this. It’s also much easier to follow through on the next item on my list, which is . . .
• Get up earlier – Face it, when have a ever benefitted from ignoring the alarm clock then racing around like a crazy woman only to get a late start on everything?
• Make a to-do list the night before and look ahead to what needs to be done throughout the week
• Start the day with prayer and time in God’s Word
• Stick to the items on the list before adding other things
• Stay focused
• And finally, treat everything like an appointment, including posting on blogs.
So yes, I’m a day late for my post. But I grew in the process.