Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

About a month ago I decided to go back to school; it has been a huge adjustment. I have to wake up early, try to balance my schedule, and get used to doing homework again! In light of these changes, has been increasingly hard to spend time with God and get to know Him more.

Last week during my Anatomy and Physiology class I was suddenly struck at how remarkable the human body is, and how extraordinary God is to have made us the way He did. I mean, I was sitting there in class while the teacher was lecturing on the circulatory system and I started tearing up.

The Bible says we are fearfully and wonderfully made, and all at once it just hit me- every cell of our being has God’s finger print on them. There are so many functions that are automatically happening in our bodies every second of the day that are completely involuntary and that we are not even aware of. Our lungs take in air and give oxygen to our entire body, our heart beats without us even having to think about it. The average heart rate is 60-80 beats a minute, which is more than 100,000 beats in a single day, and 36 million beats in a year- without stopping for a break!

After just a month of studying Anatomy I can’t believe that people can deny the existence of God. He is such an amazing creator and I feel like I’m learning more about Him everyday as I study His detailed artwork.

Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

No comments: