Today it would be very easy to focus on all that is wrong. A bad situation isn’t getting any better, my insecurities are running high, and the part of my brain that blows things out of proportion refuses to listen to the part that is in touch with reality. If I told you the whole story, you’d probably say I had permission to wallow. But I’m thinking I’d rather not do that today. I’d much rather share some good things that happened over this past year in the midst of the not-so-good.
• I accomplished some goals, including . . .
Reading Les Miserables (the unabridged version, and in one summer)
Learning to crochet
Blogging more often (I think I’ve even found a “focus”)
• I met 9/11 survivor Michael Hingson and his former guide dog Roselle (they escaped the World Trade Center together).
• I had some great singing experiences, including a solo on Good Friday that went much better than I expected, and performing the National Anthem at Little League Opening Day for the 2nd year in a row.
• I made some new friends who have become precious to me.
• Through all of it—both difficult and exciting—God has surrounded me with love.
What kind of day, week, or year are you having? Challenge yourself to list some good things that God has done recently, even when circumstances were hard.