Sunday, February 05, 2012

Who is Really in Control?

Have you ever gone through a time when it seemed like your choices were being made for you—like you had no control over what happened to you? Worse yet, you had to suffer for the bad choices that someone else made? I’m going through a time like that right now. Saying it’s not fun would be an understatement, but it is also teaching me something about my life with God.

Today, God reminded me that, whether I’m living in the fallout of someone else’s choices or not, I never did have control over what happened to me. He is in control, not me. Those who keep throwing my life off course might not have as much say as I think they do, because in the end, God oversees their path too.

I can either let this reality knock me into panic mode, or take comfort in it. My prayer today is that I will allow the idea that I’m not in charge of my life bring me reassurance. God hasn’t left me at the mercy of those who only care about their own interests; He is asking me to give over control that I never had in the first place and trust the One who has my best interest at heart to know what He is doing.

If you can relate, I challenge you to pray in the same way—that you will trust the Father who is ultimately in control and see His authority as a good thing.

4 comments:

ashley said...

I can relate! I feel like I'm the one who wants to take control, rather then letting God take control of my life. As I try to take control, I feel like I steer myself away from God, other then steering torwards Him. I think it's a pride thing. I can be very controling. When I'm not in control of anything, I feel powerless. As I go on in life, and talk about it on my blog. I have realized that I can't make it in this life alone, and that giving God all of the control in my life, is what I need to do first before even thinking of trying to have a relationship with Him, because I already know I will want to take control.

This is such an inspiring post!

-Ashley (journalofachristianteen.wordpress.com)

Autumn said...

I can totally relate! Thank you for this!

Jade said...

Like the Bible says, All God wants is for us to "Be still and Know" that He is God.
God ALWAYS causes everything to come together for the good of those who love Him in the END.

Kaitlin said...

thanks for this I really needed to let God take control I've been trying to figure out what to do and God has been answering my prayers lately with blog posts and songs :D