Sunday, March 10, 2013

By the time you read this...

By the time you read this, I'll be in the Colorado Rockies at the Captivating Women's Retreat, hosted by Stasi Eldredge  (www.ransomedheart.com)

I'll be experiencing quite the climate shock, coming from north Louisiana, where it's been 60's, to a high of 28 and SNOW. My poor suitcase is busting at the seams from the layers of clothes I needed, since this southern gal is not used to packing for the white stuff.

But sometimes, climate shocks are just what we need to wake up, put our senses on alert, and be recharged. Refreshed. Renewed. Sometimes, you gotta put down the capri pants and grab a snowsuit. You know what I mean? :)

Routine can be dangerous. Downright lethal for your heart. Doing the same thing day in and day out, with no recharging of our soul's batteries can slowly poison us into compromising, settling, and even accepting resignation - you know the feelings. That "there's nothing to look forward to". "I  have no purpose". "Why am I even here" stuff that the enemy throws at us.

All lies, by the way. There is always hope, always something to look forward to. You DO have a purpose. You ARE here for a reason and God has fantastic plans for you! (Jeremiah 29:11)

Change is often very scary. But it doesn't have to be. Sometimes change can be exactly what our heart needed and we didn't even know it.

I realize that we can't always just jet off to Colorado for a women's retreat when our hearts grow stale. We can't always just skip school and take a day off to recharge. We can't always just go on vacation whenever we'd like.

But we CAN mix it up. I guarantee you, if you ask God to help make your time with Him more adventurous, He'll do it. If you ask God to reveal to you your purpose, He will. If you ask God to give you a hope for your future, He'd be happy to.

Just ask. Seek. Knock. Like the Bible tells us to do. That stuff is in there for a reason :)

As for me, I'm going to attempt to snowshoe without falling on my face. And if I do fall, well - what better wake up call than a face full of snow? :)   I'm going to be recharged. Refreshed. And renewed.

I pray God does the same in your heart, right where you are. Snowshoes or houseshose or sandals!

And that you won't be afraid to change your batteries.



No comments: