Thursday, December 05, 2013

At the Perfect Time

Last night I received an e-mail inviting me to do something that I've wanted for a long time. I was so excited that I lost all sense of maturity and professionalism. Thankfully the person inviting me to this wonderful opportunity was a friend who knew me wellb so I could freely reply with exclamation points and gushy expressions of joy.

What made this all the more thrilling is that I had given up on seeing this desire fulfilled right now. I had prayed myself to the point of feeling like a whiny child and finally had to give it over to God, knowing he would allow it when He considered me ready. The last time I journaled about it, I wrote, "God, help me to trust Your timing and be content with whatever happens,"  and made up my mind to have a good attitude.

The e-mail came--as always--when I least expected it and needed it most.  

Are you still praying for God to answer a prayer of fulfill a desire? Let this story encourage you that His answers do come, and always at the perfect time.

No comments: