Monday, June 20, 2005

4:12LIVE

4:12LIVE

My turn! I'm Donita K. Paul, author of the Dragon Keeper Chronicles. So far there are two in the series, DragonSpell and DragonQuest. DragonSpell is up for a Christy award and I am already nervous about going to the banquet. Will I spill salad down the front of my dress? Will I blubber if I win? Will I blubber if I lose? The answer to all of the above is "probably." Are you allowed to wear a bib at a fancy banquet?

I spent from Wednesday to Sunday of last week in Toronto, Canada for the Write!Canada conference. I had a blast and Canadians do say "eh?" after most of their sentences. I think it is the same as our saying, "right?" or "Do you agree?"
The last day of classes, my students had overcome their awe of me and teased me unmercifully about my accent. MY accent? They were the ones with the accents. They had French accents, English accents, European accents, Boston accents, and American midwest accents. The United States is known to be the melting pot of cultures, but the Canadians sounded more diverse.

I ate entirely too much good food. The meals served were not low calorie, low fat, low carb, low cholestrol, low anything. They created low resistance in me.

Next weekend I will be teaching a two day class at a Denver library to teen writers. Can't wait to report on that. I meet the most awesome teens through my writing. In Canada I had two teens in my class and they really shone.

No comments: