Monday, August 29, 2005

Floods of the Insignificant

Tonight I read through the news about New Orlean's prospects for survival.
Our household is in a particular state of upheaval at the moment. I won't go into detail, but it involves hectic shedules, vacation plans bumping up against a crisis at work, a bout of a nasty virus, etc.
But tomorrow night chances are we well still have our home, our meager possessions, our jobs, our friends, our lives.

Let's pray for New Orleans. I can't think of anything more important than beseeching our Heavenly Father for abundant mercy to individuals like me. For New Orleans is populated with over a million people like you and me.

And Hurricane Katrina will touch lives for hundreds of miles around New Orleans. It is going to be a mess, a much bigger mess than the insignificant problems that have plagued my family this week.

Let's pray.

No comments: