Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fingerprints

My teenage son, Jeremy, is taking a CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) class. So we took a tour of the crime lab. We were shown the various ways that criminals are identified. The most common - they leave their fingerprints behind. The forensics’ people can dust door knobs, duct tape and even gloves. That’s right. The oh-so-dumb criminals use gloves and then leave them at the crime scene. At the lab, the scientist turns the gloves inside out and retrieves the fingerprints from the inside of the gloves. The information is fed into the computer system and eventually the criminal is busted.

This all got me thinking about fingerprints. I’m the only person in the world with my fingerprint. I am unique. God formed me that way. I didn’t always want to be unique. For many years there was always someone else I would rather look like, be like. I’m finally happy to be me. Most days.

Who am I?

I am the author of Beauty Quest, A Model’s Journey. It’s about my good, bad and ugly experiences as a fashion model.

I am the wife of a gifted musician/songwriter who has filled my life with music and laughter.

I am the mother of two teenage boys and two beautiful grown daughters.

I am Grandma to Jude and his little sister who is due in June.

I am Tonya Ruiz.

1 comment:

T. Suzanne Eller said...

Welcome to our fun group!

Suzie Eller