Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Open Arms

I've been thinking a lot about China lately. Okay, not about the country so much, but about a special girl in it. I don't know how old she is. I have no idea what she looks like, but there's a girl that a year from now will be mine.

James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

My grandma, a widow, moved in with us last February (05). Hopefully by next February (07), we'll have an orphan too! Only she we no longer be an orphan. After the adoption is complete, this baby girl will have a mom, dad, sister and two brothers who love her very much.

I've been thinking about my own adoption too, into God's family. Ephesians 1:5 says, "His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave Him great pleasure."

Before I even could comprehend my place in this world, God longed for me to be His. Then He paid the price to make that necessary.

Sure, we have to come up with $20,000--which is quite a feat. But God paid through the blood of His Son, giving me a position alongside Christ as a rightful heir. How cool is that?!

How about you? Have you taken time to think about your adoption into God's family? As someone who is happy to be one of God's kids, I can say that I'm forever thankful the price was paid for me.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Congratulations Trisha! How exciting for you and your whole family. My prayers are with you and with Alyssa:)