Thursday, June 01, 2006

Black ~ DaVinci Code

Before we look at black as a color and what connotations are associated with it, let me digress. I have several websites that I look at to get information about the meaning of colors. This morning, I couldn't find them, so shaking my head at the mysteries of Cyberspace, I did a google search.

OH MY!
I found websites that talked about seven primary colors sent to earth from outerspace from the seven primary planets of our solar system.

OH DEAR!
It reminded me that any time you go searching for truth, you are likely to run into Satan's imitation.

Medical science has documented the affects of colors on humans, noting physiological reactions. There are historical references to cultural traditions regarding colors. That's the kind of information I am looking for. But anyone can post on the internet and claim authority on a subject.

I believe the whole DaVinci Code fiasco reminds Christians to adhere to this verse:
2 Timothy 2:15 (The Amplified Bible) "Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth."

I think Satan is well-pleased with the turmoil this book and movie have made. Can't you just hear him gloating? "If these 'intelligent' creatures made by God just knew their facts, I couldn't have nearly as much fun disturbing them."

Let's save the subject "black" until next time. I think I need some time right now to study the Word of God.

No comments: