Friday, July 14, 2006

Favorite Reads?

Photo of group of writing friends, 2006. I'm in the top middle, peeking over Sarah's head!

Hi girls!

Something weird, but cool, happened recently. I was approached by a publisher and asked if I'd be interested in writing fiction for teen girls in the nature of the Traveling Pants trilogy. I have to admit, while I love writing about WWII, writing about girls, God, and the good life in fiction form sounds FUN. And I think I'm gonna try it.

So, my question is, what are some of YOUR favorite reads? Books that you just LOVE?

Second question . . . what about topics? Of course, because of who I work with and my past struggles, teen sexuality will tie in.

Finally, I just have to chuckle when I glance up at my "verse for the day" that sits on my window sill. Ephesians 3:20 says, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works is us."

When I first got my agent in 1996, I'd proposed a teen fiction idea . . . who knew what God would do ten years after that fact! He's so cool!

www.triciagoyer.com

No comments: