Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Sister, My Brother

Yesterday I was taking my grandma out to lunch when she called out, "Oh, look my brother."

My grandma is 77-years-old and her only living brother lives 1,000 miles away.

I was confused until I spotted one of those gold fish emblems on the back of the car in front of us. Then it hit me. Every day all around me are my brothers and sisters ... members of a family I'll be celebrating with for eternity.

I was still pondering this when I came across this quote by Max Lucado in my daily devotional reading:

"Knowing he would be asked about his profession at a Rotary Club meeting [Russ Blowers] resolved to say more than 'I'm a preacher.'

"Instead he explained, 'Hi, I'm Russ Blowers. I'm with a global enterprise. We have branches in every country in the world. We have representatives in nearly every parliament and boardroom on earth. We're into motivation and behavior alteration. We run hospitals, feeding stations, crisis-pregnancy centers, universities, publishing houses, and nursing homes. We care for our clients from birth to death. We are into life insurance and fire insurance. We perform spiritual heart transplants. Our original Organizer owns all the real estate on earth plus an assortment of galaxies and constellations. He knows everything and lives everywhere. Our product is free for the asking. (There's not enough money to buy it.) Our CEO was born in a hick town, worked as a carpenter, didn't own a home, was misunderstood by his family and hated by his enemies, walked on water, was condemned to death without a trial, and arose from the dead. I talk with him every day."
~Max Lucado, Traveling Light, p. 33

I like that. I'd also add, 'Our Organizer also has a huge family with kids all over this planet. Kids who love and appreciate each other and who can't wait for their family reunion some day.'

Won't that be great?! When we can meet some day?

"Hey, SIS, Finally! Hey, BRO, what's up?"

Until then I encourage you to reach out and connect with the brothers and sisters around you--even if it's a honk and a wave to that person with the fish on his/her bumper.

Your sis,
Trish

P.S. Have you heard about www.shoutlife.com

P.S.S. Check out my profile at www.shoutlife.com/triciagoyer

1 comment:

T. Suzanne Eller said...

Love this post, Tricia! Especially the story about your grandma. Very, very cool!