Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dreams Really DO Come True!


Guess what? I’m going to Paris tomorrow! I never thought it would happen. This trip was planned a long time ago, and then cancelled, because we had to spend the money on family medical bills. And while I willingly gave my dream into the hands of God, I never expected Him to hand it back to me. But He did. Look out palaces! Here I come, French cafes. I’m going to climb the Eiffel Tower!

As every American knows, Disney believes that dreams really can come true – if you wish upon a star. The only problem is – what star? What is wishing? How can that even help? The dictionary tells us that wishing is to long for, or to desire. But there is no assurance there at all. It’s open ended and doesn’t feel secure at all.

Christians, however, have something better than wishing. We have faith. The Bible tells us that faith is the, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1. We know that when we place our dreams into the hands of God, He sifts through them to decide which are good for us, and which are not. Those that are right, he hands back to us with His blessing. The trick, of course, is to give them all to Him, and let Him decide. That’s not always easy.

What dreams do you have? Do you have the faith to hand them to a very good God and let Him decide which to breathe life into? As soon as you read this, close your eyes and hand a dream to God. Then wait on Him and see if He hands it back to you and makes a way, or replaces it with something different, but more than you could ever ask for or imagine. (Ephesians 3:20)

…(God) satisfies your desires with good things… Psalm 103:5

1 comment:

Jenny B. Jones said...

That is so awesome. I'm going in July. I hear you on the "finally!" part. My passport is nine years old--and never been used. This year was the no more excuses year. Be sure and let us know the hot spots. I've heard you must see the Eiffel Tower at night. Have a great time!