Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Candles


I've started something new. When I pray and read my Bible, I light this special candle. It smells incredible. Since I'm a writer, I'm home a lot during the day. I light my candle early in the morning while I'm praying, reading my Bible, and writing in my journal. Then I blow it out. It's a cinnamon one. The cool thing is that during the day, I'll get whiffs of it, and it reminds me of God's Presence always close, always with me, always ready to help.
Today is October 3. I love to read the Proverbs (since there are 31) and they coordinate with each day. Lately, I've been reading from The Message Bible.
Proverbs 3 says, "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you do; he's the one who will keep you on track."
So, like the sweet-smelling candle, God's aroma goes with me and keeps me on track.
If you've never tried lighting a candle while you read the Bible or talk to God, you might want to. Just be sure and blow it out. :-) Don't worry. His Presence will stay lit inside you.
Love,
Julie


No comments: