Friday, February 08, 2008

Ever been tempted?



Yeah, not me either. JUST KIDDING!!!

All of us are tempted. In fact, it's something that should be expected. We live in a world that promotes "you deserve it, go ahead." Our mind and body likes this idea. In fact, it's a fight not to listen.

Matthew 19:7 says, "Temptation to do wrong is inevitable, but how terrible it will be for the person who does the tempting."

I don't know about you, but I don't like to think about the other side of the coin. It's easy to fight against temptation in our lives. It's harder to realize that some of the time I'M the one doing the tempting--maybe by how I dress, or how I talk, or simple kindness that leans toward the flirting side ... that can lead places it shouldn't go. Anything I do that could cause another person to stumble is not cool. Knowing that helps me to watch myself--to see if I'm doing something that could lead someone else down the wrong path.

What about you ... what things tempt you most?

What things do you do that might tempt others?

What do you do about both?

No comments: