Thursday, March 06, 2008

Doing Something

My husband left for South Africa last Saturday. I have to admit that I was a little jealous because I love Africa, but there was no hope for me going since I am 6 months pregnant. He went to shoot video footage for a documentary about an orphanage there. He was invited to go by an organization called LUO.

A girl who wasn't much older than most of you (she is about 21 years old) went to Africa last year and came back with a strong desire to do something more. So, she created a non-profit organization called LUO which exists with a mission of setting children free from poverty. They come along side orphanages in Africa and implement economic sustainability, biblical education, academic education, financial support, and medical care. Check out this link www.luo-setfree.org to hear Lindsay describe why she is does what she does.

The thing I love most about Lindsay's story is that she saw a need and wanted to do something about it. Sometimes we don't even see the need. I am guilty of this all the time. But, sometimes we see the need and just don't do something about it. God wants us to play a part in His bigger story. There are things happening not only the world but also in your personal world. It doesn't have to be something big like starting an organization for children in Africa. It could be something small like seeing the same girl sit by herself at lunch everyday. Maybe it's time to do something about that. Loneliness breaks our Father's heart.

I hope this inspires you to look around and ask God to show you what breaks His heart and how you can do something in order to be apart of His bigger story.

Sarah Bragg

No comments: