Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hidden Things

For years, I've read the same books to start my day. One of them, by Oswald Chambers, had a pretty cool message for me this week. I'm paraphrasing. He says envy, jealousy, and strife are attitudes/emotions that can sneak up inside us and cause trouble. He says allowing them to hang out in our hearts can cause shame.

Of the three--envy, jealousy, and strife--one catches me over and over. STRIFE.

Another day this week, he writes about "... this simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3. Chambers shares that even the smallest thought not under the control of the Holy Spirit can cause spiritual confusion.

A life of simplicity sounds pretty good to me.

If I begin to guard my heart against envy, jealousy, and especially strife would life become simpler?

I'm thinking so.

Day One. September 17, 2008. Guarding my heart and mind against strife.

Love,
Julie

www.juliegarmon.com

No comments: