Friday, January 09, 2009

Live Powerfully


This week I was in Nashville at the Children's Pastors' Conference (next month-San Diego), speaking and having conversations about ministry to preteens. I came away with an even greater burden on my heart--the huge need to reach that age range and root them solidly in Christ.

As I write this, I'm wondering about you--who God is creating you to be, the strengths and gifts he has given you, and maybe, just maybe the opportunities to use those gifts and strengths to teach and encourage others younger than yourself.

1 Timothy 4:12 says, "And don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity" (The Message).

Take that verse apart, really think and pray about it, and ask God to put it together in your life. You can make a powerful difference.

Just a thought. What do you think?

I'll close with my verse for 2009 (a long-time favorite): "For my determined purpose is that I may know Him--that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly" (Philippians 3:10 Amplified Version).

Live powerfully for Christ in 2009. Let me know how it's going.

Jan
author of the Live Free series, Standard Publishing

true stories, true hope

for teens, young adults,
and those who care about them.

No comments: