So I'm new-ish around this blog...though I have to admit I've been lurking for a few weeks. But my lurking days are over. And so you can get to know me I'm going to...tell you 25 random things about me! (Hey, I know it's a little behind the curve since most of you probably did this like two weeks ago. You have to admit, though, it's the easiest way for you to learn useless info about me in the least amount of time.) And since Sarah mentioned the famous 25 Random Things note a couple of days ago, I figured it was only fitting. So hi, my name is Ashley. And here are my 25 things. ;-)
1) The only reason my brother remembers my birthday is because it's on a minor holiday.
2) I told my kindergarten teacher I wanted to be a dentist when I grew up. That was a big lie. I had no clue what I wanted to be, so I just copied the kid next to me.
3) When repair people come to my apartment to fix things they frequently ask if my parents are home because they think I'm 16.
4) I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 20 years old. And I got four holes at the same time.
5) I was a counselor at a Bible camp for three summers in a row. Coolest. Job. Ever.
6) By the time I marry my fiance we will have been together for 17 months...11 of those as an engaged couple.
7) I love to climb things.
8) I sponsor a little girl named Daniela through Compassion International. She's five and lives in Guatemala. She writes the best letters!
9) I don't like pizza. Or chocolate. People say this makes me un-American, but I assure you, I'm 100% American citizen.
10) My first ever job was to deliver flower arrangements for a florist over Christmas break. Because of this job I got into my first car accident (not my fault).
11) I minored in Spanish in college. Because of this I can write a very nice, grammatically correct paragraph in Spanish, but that's about it.
12) My favorite movie is The Emperor's New Groove because there's nothing better than a sarcastic llama.
13) I once had blue streaks in my hair. That lasted about 24 hours.
14) When we were little my brother and I discovered an old pile of bricks in the woods near our house. We convinced ourselves that they were some ancient ruins and we were going to be rich and famous after getting Guiness to come out and verify the age of the bricks. I look back on that and realize they were probably just bricks from when our house was being constructed.
15) My least favorite chores growing up were washing dishes/loading the dishwasher and vacuuming. When I worked at camp as a junior counselor these two jobs were all I did.
16) I love leading music for children's church.
17) I lack a little on the self-discipline side of things. Usually this means that exercise, quiet time with God and waking up when the alarm goes off slip by the wayside. It's something I'd really like to get better about.
18) I have an intense fear of going to doctors. It makes life a little (okay, a lot) difficult sometimes.
19) I thrive on real conversation and real friendships. I don't have a problem with talking about the hard things in life and often find that this makes for deeper, more vibrant relationships.
20) I moved 1600 miles away from home the day after I graduated college. I don't regret this, but I do miss my family every day.
21) I was never asked to go to prom. So I never went. I don't regret this, either.
22) I used to like skiing. Until my best friend/roommate "accidentally" took me down a Blue/Black hill in Colorado. I haven't been skiing since.
23) I've contracted a virus on nearly every major trip I've ever taken. For instance: on the Brio Cruise 2008 I got some sort of flu and spent the whole time in the Bahamas feeling like ick.
24) One day I'd really like to do aerial gymnastics.
25) I had my wisdom teeth taken out on Good Friday during my senior year of high school. It wasn't a very good Friday.
So tell me about you! Cause I totally want to get to know you. Shoot me an email: email@example.com.