Have you ever looked back on a few months' time and realized that you learned more those months than you normally do? About life, about God, about yourself?
I'm definitely having a month like that. So, I decided to share some of this knowledge.
Things I've Been Learning:
* Using a self-tanner the same week there's a cold snap doesn't really pay off very well.
* Just because you don't like doing something doesn't mean you don't have to do it.
* The part in 1 Corinthians 7 about having more time with God before you get married is definitely true.
* Enjoy every moment because life passes quickly. We are "flowers of the field" - here one day and gone the next.
* Live as though Christ could appear any minute.
* An inch doesn't seem like that much distance until the hairstylist cuts one inch too much.
* The same is true with straying one inch from the Truth.
* Puppies grow up. But they also become housetrained. There's always a good side to everything!
* Friends move away, grow apart and become distant. But there is a Friend who is closer than a brother.
* Wasting time is not being careful how we live.
* Concealer only works on the surface.
*And finally... burning a candle in a closed-off room will set off the smoke alarm even if nothing has caught on fire.
I once heard someone say that praying for God to grant you wisdom before you read the Bible was the best way to start your devotion time. I think we should take it one step further. Let's also pray every morning that God will teach us something new today - more about how to live, how to love, and how to serve Him.
What have you been learning lately?