Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sleepy Fall Days

Here's something you don't need to know about me: I hate fall.

The allergies, the weird weather, the not knowing whether to bring a jacket or wear a tank top, the back-to-school routine and subsequent sleepiness...

Plus, for a winter-lover like me, it's just one more hoop to jump through before it's snowing time.

So, I just don't like fall.

Are there things like that for you? Maybe it's not a particular season, maybe it's a class or a routine or a chore. It just bugs you to even think about it.

We had our weekly Bible study last night and as I was sitting there, mentally griping about how tired I was after a long week and how my allergies were acting up and how it had just rained so now it was freezing outside, and one of the guys in our Bible study brought up 1 Corinthians 10:31.

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

It was one of those immediate conviction moments. Griping is not glorifying to God. Actually, it might be the opposite.

And, as much as I hate fall, some good things have happened during it. One of my books was released. My dad, mom and sister's birthdays are in fall. I got engaged during the fall.

So, what are you griping about today? And how can we change our attitudes and focus on glorifying God?

Have a great weekend!

Erynn :)

No comments: