Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Marshmallows


Camy here with yet another really random and not very spiritual post. But you all love me anyway, right? Right???

Anyway, I’ve been on a marshmallow kick since Easter. It’s all the fault of those darn Peeps. I love them. I love biting their heads off. (There’s some deep psychological meaning behind that, but I’m going to ignore that.)

I’m dying for the chocolate caramel toffee marshmallow from Vosges Chocolate (the pic above). Doesn’t that look absolutely decadent?

There’s also supposed to be a really good homemade marshmallow recipe, but I don’t know what it is. Anybody know? Homemade marshmallows are supposed to be ten times better than store bought stuff, but I’m not sure why or how since I haven’t tried a homemade one yet.

Are you a marshmallow fan? I know not everyone likes the texture or consistency. I don’t know why I love them so much. My dentist hates it when I start eating more marshmallows. I want to make my dentist happy, but sometimes The Marshmallow Calls To Me.

Camy Tang writes romance with a kick of wasabi. Out now is her humorous contemporary romance novel, Single Sashimi, and her romantic suspense, Deadly Intent. She also runs the Story Sensei critique service. In her spare time, she is a staff worker for her church youth group, and she leads one of the worship teams for Sunday service. On her blog, she gives away Christian novels and ponders frivolous things. Sign up for her newsletter YahooGroup for giveways!

8 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

I love marshmellows. I am kind of a peep freak. haha. but I only eat the pink ones, weird I know. :) haha. However the Cadbury Creme eggs are my favorite, and they are who made me gain a pound over spring break. I KNOW IT! haha.

:)

-makay

Carrie Fancett Pagels said...

Me, too. Peeps are evil and addictive. Somehow that drew me to the candy counter where the cashier asked if I was buying all that to stock up for the movies!! NOT!! Tomorrow I will begin the marshmallow and chocolate withdrawal process and hope I don't get the shakes!

L. E. Neighbour said...

Oh we were just discussing marshmallows last night... We were having s'mores and talking about how none of us really like marshmallows but we love s'mores. Well for me, I don't like the sugar content of marshmallows. But I love the flavor of that toasted sugar ;) not to mention the chocolate and graham cracker <3

Geekwif said...

Mmmm. Marshmallow. Yum. I haven't tried homemade marshmallows, but I know you can get them on Etsy. I love Peeps too, but they are best, of course, after they have sat out for about a week. I call it "curing" them. My husband calls me weird. :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I had a marshmellow recently after many years without... it was an explosion of sweetness.

Now, chocolate... I LOVE chocolate...

NeedANap2 said...

My favorites are chocolate covered chocolate marshmallows but very hard to find. I've been quite content with the dark chocolate covered (white) marshmallow treats I've been finding at Walgreens (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter). I think its made by Russel Stover (cheaper brands are not very good).

I've never made homemade either. But they look delicious! I second the smores - MMMMMM. :)

Amy said...

I saw the photo and I immediately thought it was one of those chocolate-caramel-coconut girl scout cookies on top of a marshmallow and covered in chocolate. [Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my screen.]

The actual treat sounds awfully good too.

Camy Tang said...

Makay! My fellow Peep freak! Although I have to admit I have never particularly liked the Cadbury eggs.

Carrie--And what's wrong with stocking up??? ;)

L.E.--I loooooove smores and esp I love slightly burning my marshmallows. I know it's bad for me but it's oh so yummy!

Geekwif--I am totally heading to Etsy right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynda--marshmallows AND chocolate!!!!

NeedaNap--chocolate covered chocolate marshmallows???????? OMG I have to try one of those!!!!!

Amy--I love those cookies too!!!!!!

Camy