Sunday, June 27, 2010

I’m going on vacation and I’ll turn into a blimp!

Camy here! And that’s exactly what I was fearing the weeks before my vacation. I’m sure at least some of you can relate, yes?

I’ve been working really hard to eat healthily and exercise regularly the past two months and I was really scared it would all go to pot while I was on vacation, because, well, that’s what usually happens to me. I eat out a lot more, and the “safe” foods I usually eat are not always available where I go.

But God convicted me that I was just not trusting Him enough with my health. So I prayed for Him to help me while I was on vacation.

So far, I haven’t been eating great, but I haven’t been horrendously bad, either. I haven’t always stayed within my calorie range, but no 3000 calories a day, at least.

The best part is that I’ve been running regularly! Yay! God has really been helping me stay motivated to keep up with my running training. I posted earlier about running with this new method by Jeff Galloway, and so far I’m still really enjoying running. So much so that I’ve actually gotten up EARLY to go running before the things planned for the day! Can you believe it??? And no, an alien has not invaded my body, nor have I finally gone off the deep end. I think God has been helping me stay motivated to keep up with my running, and the fact that I still like running hasn’t been a bad thing, either.

I still have a week left of my vacation, so hopefully I’ll be able to keep up the running while I’m at conferences. God has really helped me out during my vacation, even for something as small as helping me to stay healthy!

Camy Tang writes romance with a kick of wasabi. Out now is her humorous contemporary romance novel, Single Sashimi, and her romantic suspense, Deadly Intent. She also runs the Story Sensei critique service. In her spare time, she is a staff worker for her church youth group, and she leads one of the worship teams for Sunday service. On her blog, she gives away Christian novels and ponders frivolous things. Sign up for her newsletter YahooGroup for giveways!

2 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

WAY TO GO!!!! How awesome. I wanna run again. I just can't right now with my surgery and all in 10 days. :( But a year after I can start again...

If you put God as the center of your whole life, including your health life, he will make it all fall into place.

-makay

Camy Tang said...

Thanks, Makay! I sent up a prayer for your surgery!
Camy