I remember the first time I "fell in love." Steven was the brother of one of my friends. There were two main things that made me interested in him:
1. He was super cute!
2. He liked me as much as I liked him.
Looking back, I dove in way too hard, way too fast. I didn't take time to consider if he was the type of person I could imagine spending my life with. I didn't pay too much attention to his character qualities ... I was too focused on his dazzling baby blue eyes. In the end I gave him all of myself, and I ended up with a broken heart. I want better for you.
Are you interested in someone? Is he a person you'd consider dating? Here are some things to ponder before you draw closer:
1. How is his relationship with God?
2. Would your parents and youth pastor approve?
3. Do you have similar interests?
4. How does he treat his parents and siblings?
5. Does he date just to date, or is he looking for a special person?
6. Does his goals in life match yours?
7. Does he treat women with respect?
8. Would his personality continue to draw you over the years, even if his looks fade?
You don't have to know the answers to all the questions right away, but these are something to consider. HE is something to consider ... before the excited beating of your heart clouds your judgement.