Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Not Afraid

Have you ever noticed when you're struggling with something, if you pray, wait, and listen, God will send you help in unlikely ways? My biggie in life is fear. Usually, it starts as a tiny thought. But if I allow a smidgen of fear to stick around, it grows like kudzu. One fear connects with other random thoughts and starts new fears. Pretty soon, I'm covered up. Smothered. Consumed.

But, with God's help, I'm changing. Change takes a lot of hard work.

Daily, I'm putting a guard around my mind. I get to decide what kind of thoughts come in. And I get to tell fear to scram, in the name of Jesus.

This is a new friend, David Dalton, and his new single. I couldn't listen to it without dancing in my chair.



"Don't be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will hold you with My righteous right hand." Is. 41:10

So much love,
Julie

No comments: