Friday, May 18, 2007

My Turn

I got "tagged" some time ago, too, and thought I would post my Eight Random Facts belatedly. I knew they would be too fascinating to miss though. Didn't want to deprive you... ha.

8 random facts/habits about me ...


1. I couldn't touch the gas pedal of my first "real" car. I still can't
touch the gas pedal of my brother's truck. (Know if you laugh at
that, you are no longer my friend. I will know. ) And no, I'm not
three ft. five. I'm actually over five feet, thank you very much.

2. When I was a teen, I had the OCD-like habit of "typing" all car
conversations. So when in the car (and when I wasn't driving),
I would "type" whatever someone was saying on my invisible
keyboard. I wouldn't even know I was doing it. I took my junior
high keyboarding class VERY seriously...

3. I have a student bring me boot-leg copies of Gilmore Girls
because my cable company refuses to carry the WB--still!
And they now refuse to accept my phone calls. My lawyer says
to just be patient.

4. I love to decorate, but I painted my master bedroom a
horrible green, and I get furiously angry every time I walk in
there, so now I'm just avoiding it. I've slept on the couch for
the last three months. And I now shower outside--under the
water hose. I think it's brought me and my neighbors to a new
level of closeness though.

5. I can still quote some of my lines from my first grade play. I was
Mrs. Claus. "Tick-tock it's twelve o'clock. Time for Santa to come!"
Hollywood called after that, but my agent said, "No, stick with
elementary theater. I think it's gonna be big..." He was wrong. He
now works for Paris Hilton.

6. This summer my friend Kari and I are making ourselves
read Pride and Prejudice.
It's our own book club called
"Girls Who Would Rather Be Reading a People Magazine."

7. I can eat a whole box of cereal in one sitting. For variety's sake,
I tried a whole box of catfood, but it wasn't quite the same. But I
did shed less.

8.
I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell!
Translation: I'm a big Will Ferrell fan.

Have a great weekend, G3'ers!
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you showering outside?

Jenny B. Jones said...

Because I'm avoiding my bedroom--where the shower is. I don't even want to walk in there!

Especially NOW--that my cat has a salamander cornered in there. He probably saw the green room and thought it was his natural habitat...

Jeanne Damoff said...

I wanted to comment sooner, but couldn't find a link. This is hilarious, Jen! You are such a riot. :)

50 points for making me laugh out loud.

Jeanne